Coffs Harbour Danger and Warnings
Personal Security, Dangers and Warnings in Coffs Harbour, NSW
Coffs Harbour is a beautiful and peaceful city on the North Coast of New South Wales, but like any other place, there are some risks and dangers that you should be aware of to ensure your personal security.
Dangers and Warnings
- Swimming in the ocean can be dangerous due to rip currents, so always swim between the flags on patrolled beaches.
- Bushwalking can be risky due to uneven terrain and wildlife hazards, so be prepared with appropriate clothing, equipment, and knowledge of the area.
- Crime rates in Coffs Harbour are generally low, but it is always best to take precautions and lock your car and home doors to prevent theft.
Emergency Services Contact Information
- Police: 000 (emergency) or 131 444 (non-emergency)
- Ambulance: 000 (emergency)
- Fire Brigade: 000 (emergency)
Relevant Australian Government Websites
- Smart Traveller - Provides up-to-date travel advice and safety information for Australian travellers.
- NSW Police Force - Information on community safety, crime prevention, and emergency contacts in New South Wales.
- NSW Rural Fire Service - Information on bushfire safety and preparedness in New South Wales.